2022 Pull-A-Thon Team Fundraising Goal: $1,000.00
Pounds Pulled to date: 780
Donations/Sponsorships Received to-date: $0
Since last winning the Garlic Mustard Pull-A-Thon in 2013, our OWLT Pull-A-Thon Team has ramped up efforts to protect native wildlife and woodlands on our preserves from invading garlic mustard. We are asking for support from our neighbors, trail-users, school and youth groups, businesses, and individuals. Help us make a lasting impact on our preserves and bring the trophy back home!
Our team will try to pull the most garlic mustard and dame’s rocket and raise money through sponsorships and individual gifts by June 30, 2022. We will be rotating workdays across two counties and four different OWLT preserves to encourage as much participation as we can.
Please consider joining our Team (contact Josh below) and sharing your time to help us pull the most garlic mustard and dame’s rocket! You can pull on one or more dates listed below. If you are unable to join us in the field, please consider an investment in our effort through your own personal gift or donation. No amount is too small – each contribution will add up to create a substantial fund for crucial invasive species control on our OWLT preserves and the greater southeast Wisconsin region. The time is now to make a difference!
2022 Garlic Mustard Pull-a-thon Work Dates and Locations:
- Thursday, May 5 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Decorah Woods
- Wednesday, May 11 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Decorah Woods
- Thursday, May 12 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Kurtz Woods
- Saturday, May 14 – 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Kurtz Woods
- Thursday, May 19 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Bratt Woods
- Wednesday, May 25 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Decorah Woods
- Thursday, May 26 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Decorah Woods
- Wednesday, June 1 – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Bratt Woods
- Thursday, June 2 – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Bratt Woods
- Wednesday, June 8 – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Fellenz Woods
- Thursday, June 9 – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Riverbend Conservancy
- Wednesday, June 15 – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Forest Beach Migratory Preserve
Please bring work gloves and boots appropriate for working outdoors. Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be maintained but a face covering is required to have in case situations of closer than 6 feet occur.
In order to minimize the potential for infectious transmission of COVID-19, OWLT requires that staff, board and community members, participating in OWLT activities, adhere to state guidelines found at