Back by popular demand!
Many people in southeastern Wisconsin work to control exotic invasive plants in our natural areas. During 2023, SEWISC will team with Johnson’s Nursery, Inc.TM and Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin to offer our Invasive Plant Management Workshops. Take this class to ensure that you are using the most appropriate, efficient, up-to-date, and least environmentally damaging methods in your control efforts.
This is a hands-on, bring-your-own lunch class, limited to 20 students to provide excellent instruction. After an introduction to the general ecology of the five functional groups of invasive plants (shrubs, perennial forbs, clonal perennials, grasses, and annuals/biennials), we discuss, demonstrate, and practice all applicable control methods (chemical and non-chemical) for these five plant types.
Workshop topics also include:
- Identification of our common and relatively new invaders
- Planning and strategy for an effective control program
- Use of hand tools and herbicide application methods
- Herbicide concentrations, mixing, and safety
- Restoration strategies for badly infested sites
- Native planting suggestions for continued restoration
- Record keeping
Save the dates for our
Saturday, June 3
Ellwood H. May Environmental Park (Maywood)
3615 Mueller Rd
Sheboygan, WI 53083
Saturday, September 9
Kenosha County Center
19600 75th Street
Bristol, WI 53140