As annual funding allows, SEWISC provides small grants to members for invasive species control projects
- Requests for applications are generally made in January, applications due in February and awards announced in March.
- Funding can only be used for on-the-ground invasive species control projects, benefitting native wildlife communities.
- This Program is a benefit of membership to SEWISC members. All applicants must be current members of SEWISC.
- Preference is given to qualified applicants/projects not funded in the previous year.
- Assistance awards are limited to a maximum of $2,000 of funding from SEWISC.
- The funded project must provide a match that equals at least 25% of the total project budget. In-kind (e.g. volunteer labor) match is acceptable. SEWISC will not fund more than 75% of the total cost of the project. Details of the match calculation must be shown in the grant application budget.
- Projects must be completed by the last day of the year awarded with final reports due 31 days later.
Funding for the Assistance Program provided by:
We Energies Foundation and James E. Dutton Foundation Inc.
Below is a list of Past Assistance Program Awardees by year: